Saturday, October 15, 2016

Breaking Up is Hard To Do

    
      Dear Spark, energy drink by Advocare. I have been faithful to consume you every day for so long I don’t remember spending a morning without you. At home, or on the road I made sure we had our time. I experienced such clarity of thought and such moments of sustained energy. Through your influence, I was able to write a blog every day for over a month even when others said, “Pace yourself!

     I packed you on my carry-on during the 16-hour flight to India. You followed me to summer camp three years in a row. You were stashed in my bag on Christmas Vacations and girl trips to conferences. After morning prayers we started the day with gusto and power.

     Without you, I am a load. Instead of getting up at 5:20AM to do a quick load of laundry before starting my early morning quiet time, I arose at 8:10. Instead of feeling focused and ready for the day. I sat on the couch staring off into nowhere.

     Without you I parked in nowhere all day long. No laundry was done, only cereal was served, and my hair remained in a messy bun, because it was impossible to comb. After two naps and a binge in front of the TV, my Saturday has become a waste land of slothfulness.

     You may ask why did I stop my romance with Spark?  I just don’t think we have chemistry anymore. I know we got a long for years. You showed up to all my important events, but I think we just need to spend some time a part. Believe me, this is going to hurt me more than its going to hurt you. And really, its not you…it’s me. I just want you to know even though I don’t think you are the one for me, doesn’t mean you don’t have a future with someone else. I am sorry it has to end this way.


     Goodbye energy with 120 mgs of caffeine. I thought it was the vitamins that made me feel energized, but maybe I was blinded by love. It is very hard to move on without you. Starbucks might get another junky, or I might just become a hermit. But with deep sorrow Spark I say farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment